Pages

Sunday, May 22, 2011

The End of the World

Not last night, but the night before, 44 robbers came knocking at my door....

Well, actually it was 44 stomach flu germs.  And for some reason, I let them in and told them to make themselves at home.  I got sick.  Very, very sick. 

I HATE getting sick.  And getting sick one time right after another, I hate even more.

But the process of being sick and then getting better does cause one to think.  In the worst throes of sickness, one pleads with God for relief.  (PLEASE don't let me throw up.  PLEASE!)  Personal histories are reviewed.  (I've been good.  As good as I know how!)  Deals are made. (I'll be even better.  Really I will!)  Just get me through this night.  Let me live.

It's kind of funny that yesterday was the big "Rapture Day."  People all over the web were making funny jokes.  Talking about how the end of the world would come.

But I was having my own private rapture.  My own private end of the world. 

Each of us do or eventually will.  Whether for a temporary sickness or for our final hour.  All of us will come to God, will review our status, and will attempt to make deals.

This time God let me live.  And I am ever-so-grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to make comments!