Pages

Friday, May 13, 2011

Thrift Store Thursday

I love thrift stores.  My husband hates them.  He thinks they smell funny.  He never sees anything he would like to buy.  "Just a bunch of junk."

But he just doesn't have an eye for the good stuff.  I love vintage.  I love retro.  I believe every household should have a healthy costume collection.  And I love finding unique decorating items.

I had a lot of fun at the thrift store this week!  Here are my super-cool finds:


#1.  A custom made wool dress from the 60's!  Bright ORANGE!!!



It just fit my daughter. 




She put on some gogo boots and got a little GROOVY! 

Here is another place you can look at groovy 60's clothes and patterns.



#2.  A delicate handmade cornucopia from Italy.





I can't wait for next Thanksgiving's table decor! 


#3.  Rockin' 70's Rainbow Suspenders.  (Who doesn't want a pair?)



#4.  A Danish Modern Bird Candelabra.


I absolutely LOVE anything Danish modern.  And this my favorite find.

(You can find some other versions here.)


Once I get it oiled up and filled with candles, I will find the perfect place to display it.



Not a bad day for vintage fun!

1 comment:

Feel free to make comments!