Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Hoodlums Break In

In the middle of the night last night, Fritz went berserk.  He started barking and barking.  My husband and I woke up in great alarm and this is how the conversation went:


Husband:  "Honey, can you go and see what Fritz is barking at?"

Me:  "ME?  I don't want to go and face the hoodlums that are breaking in."

Husband:  "Okay.  (with Eeyore accent)  I'll go."

Me:  "Be careful."


(5 minutes later when the house is dead quiet and my husband hasn't returned)


Me:  "Is everything okay?"

Husband:  "YES."  (very grumpily said.)

Me:  "What was it?"

Husband:  "This." (and he hands me the end of a white ribbon)



Apparently a mylar balloon (that has been floating around in our house for 2 weeks) had suddenly turned into a frightful hoodlum at 2 a.m.  And Fritz felt the thoughtful and courageous need to protect us.

Yawn.

Thanks Fritz.  You've saved us again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to make comments!