Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I LOVE this Little Boy





Last week, while rushing around and trying to get everything in place for the upcoming wedding, I had the sweet opportunity of spending some time with Charlie laying on the grass under the shade of a large tree.  His mamma was helping my new daughter-in-law-to-be move out of her 3rd floor apartment.  I got to be the old granny who is too feeble to lift boxes and climb stairs.  I was only good for watching over the baby.  (It was GREAT!)

Charlie and I sat down on a grassy hill in the shade and talked about "leaves" and "tall trees" and "sticks."  He was sleepy.  But he was also all boy.  He found a stick and went right to work finding ways to use it.  It became a drumstick pounding on a large root drum that protruded from the ground.  It was a digging tool burrowing out a hole in the soft dirt.  It was a king's scepter as he held it up while making great declarations. 

There was a gentle breeze blowing.  The grass was soft beneath us.  Eventually, he laid down beside me and we just absorbed the moment of peace and quiet together.  I can't think of a better way to spend an hour.

I LOVE this little boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to make comments!