Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Windmills of my Mind



On our way to Arches on Monday, we passed these windmills near Spanish Fork Canyon.  They never cease to amaze me.  They are HUGE and rotate so slowly.

video

I remember being on my grandfather's ranch as a child.  The windmill there was a constant presence.  It creaked and moaned as it labored to pull water up from deep within the arid desert floor.  But there was always wind, so it was always spinning.  The beautiful sound of that windmill creaking and spinning was a backdrop to many fond memories made on that wonderful ranch.

You can just barely see the windmill peeking through the trees behind the new building.  The front house is my grandfather's ranch.  He built it with his own two hands of stone and mud.  And it was my favorite place in all the world.


Windmills are such an amazing invention.  So useful.  So beautiful.  Form and Function perfectly balanced.

Here is a link to the song, "Windmills of Your Mind."  I figured I would take myself fully back in time.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to make comments!