Pages

Friday, July 1, 2011

Look What I Woke Up To This Morning



This is what I saw when I looked out the front window this morning!  Hot Air Balloons!




Every year on or near the 4th of July, there is a huge hot air balloon race here in Provo.  I think this morning was the trial run and tomorrow will be the big event.  Last year we got up very early and went clear down to the hospital field (because that's where they take off from.)  But, sadly, it was so windy that morning that they cancelled the event.

I love hot air balloons.  I have since I was a very little child.  They just fascinate me!  The way they move--so gracefully through the sky.  The fact that someONE is in that little basket, controlling where the balloon goes.  Or at least trying to.  And then there is the added bonus that they come in all shapes and sizes.  Smokey Bear, A Piggybank, and Darth Vader were among the balloons I saw this morning.


Happy Ballooning!

2 comments:

  1. Hee hee. We woke up to, "SWHHHHHH" Pause. "SWHHHHHH."
    There was a hot air balloon seemingly right outside our window. :) The rainbow one in your picture I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool to get to HEAR them!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to make comments!