Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Picnic Table Makeover



Two months ago, my in-laws gave us their old picnic table.  We were grateful to have some additional outside seating and a table to eat at.

It was a little worn and needed some sprucing up.  I could have restained it with the original redwood stain, but I wanted something with a little more character.

I looked online at numerous "picnic table makeovers."  I saw stripes, chevrons, cartoon characters, painted tablecloth checks, and other fun remakes of the classic picnic table.

But I was really drawn to the solid color ones.  I liked a bright red one.  And a lighter blue one.  I decided in the end to go with a cobalt blue.  Cobalt blue can be seen in many of the inside rooms of my house---so why shouldn't I feature it in my outside room?




I really like how it turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to make comments!