Pages

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Hunger Challenge: Week 2


Now for WEEK TWO:


(We are trying to live off of 1/2 the average amount that would be allotted us if we were on Food Stamps)

Boy did I get some good grocery deals for this week!!!

Pork Chops for $1.29/lb
Boneless/Skinless Chicken Breast for $1.39/lb
Cereal for $1.50/box
Eggs were 99 cents/doz
Bananas 3 lbs/$1
10 lbs potatoes---$1
And a Halloween pumpkin for $1.39  (10 cents a pound!!!)

It's a good week for great deals!!!



I bought 3 more gallons of milk at the dairy for $5.13.




I went back for some essentials and some cottage bread---in case I don't have time or inclination to bake bread this week.  Also found avocados on sale 3/$1!  Yummy guacamole, here we come!

That means I've spent $46.51 for this week so far.  I also have $3.77 carried over from last week.  So I still have $7.26 still in my pocket!

Our planned menu for the week goes like this:

Breakfasts:  cereal, bread pudding, eggs,  toast, oatmeal, waffles, french toast

Lunches:  Sandwiches, leftovers, ramen noodles

Dinners:
Pork Chops
Potatoes Au Gratin
Indian Curry
Sweet and Sour Pork
Oven Fried Chicken
Potato and Onion Soup
Chicken Enchiladas

Fruits and Veggies to add to meals:
Mashed potatoes
Steamed carrots
Bananas
Coleslaw
Baked banana squash or mashed
Celery sticks
Grapes

I might make bread and rolls again.  I still have corn tortillas in the freezer...will try to make homemade chips.

Treats: peanut butter cookies, peach ice cream, apple pie (made from windfall apples found near Lizzy's apartment), homemade chips and guacamole!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to make comments!