Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Happy Hippyness

Wet-felted bottle wrap, needle-felted flower


I am a hippy at heart.  Not a drug-abusing hippy.  Not a free love hippy.  But a hippy, nonetheless.

When I was a child, I was enamoured with hippies.  I loved the way they dressed.  I loved the way they looked.  Bright flower patterns and fringed leather vests.  I thought men with long scraggly beards looked like Jesus.  Walking around in really cool sandals.

No one else in my life thought they were so amazing.

That is probably why I loved them so much.

That is probably why (this last week) I just had to felt a rainbow bottle with a happy flower on it.  Doesn't it just exude with happy hippyness?  ; )



2 comments:

  1. Super cute! HOW do you do that? I saw a felted bowl online, and it was cute, but I didn't know what I would do with it. Do you use wool yarn?
    -Jennifer Larson

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is made with wool roving--which is basically just the fluffy stuff that spinner spin into yarn. I wrapped it, then wet the wool down with soapy water and rolled the bottle numerous times against something bumpy. Then washed it in hot water and patted it against the bottle over and over until it shrunk to fit. I really enjoy "wet felting"---you probably would too! Look it up on youTube and the like.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to make comments!