Pages

Monday, November 14, 2011

Teak Addiction



I have an addiction to teak!  I LOVE it!  I love the color.  I love the texture.  I love the grain.  I love that so many beautiful things were made out of it during the Danish mid-century era.  I love that I have found most of mine at thrift stores.  And I can't WAIT to use it at Thanksgiving when we will be seating and feeding 25 people.




I got out all my "woodware" (some isn't teak) this weekend and started oiling it up in preparation for using it next week.  Mineral oil works great.  But I also found a lovely beeswax/oil mixture:





"Bee Keeper's Gold" from Williams Sonoma.  It is the perfect combination of wax and oil and gives the wood a beautiful patina!

I wish I could have remembered to take some "before pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to make comments!