Pages

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Meditation



I love meditation!  Yes, the kind where you sit around thinking of nothing and humming "Ummmmmm."




Well, almost!


What I really like is meditation, Jon Kabat-Zinn style.  He gives a lecture about the health benefits of meditation at Google (the company with employees) and a video of it is found here.


I started following his guided meditation on this video a few years ago.  And I have found it to be a blessing in my life!  When I am consistent about doing it, I feel better able to face my day, less stressed, and more in control.  Recently, I started being very consistent and meditating every day.


I didn't realize just how much of a blessing it was going to be until we had a minor accident with our brand new motor home this last weekend.


Within seconds after the accident (and before we knew how minor it was,) instead of being full of anxiety and worrying excessively and feeling tremendous stress, my body immediately went into meditation mode.  My breathing slowed.  My mind "rested in the awareness" of my breathing.  And I was truly calm, cool, and collected.  Without even trying!  Everyone else around me had that stressed thing going on---but I was all peaceful.  


Meditation works!!!  And I really do recommend it for EVERYONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to make comments!