Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

SO EASY Homemade Ketchup!

Yesterday I made ketchup.  From scratch.  And boy is it YUMMY!




And it was so very easy to make!  Just put the ingredients in a bowl and stir.  I adapted the recipe from Simply Scratch who adapter her recipe from Hillbilly Housewife.  Both good websites for learning how to make things from scratch!  Here is the recipe:


2 cans of tomato paste (6 oz cans)
1/2 cup dark brown sugar (I didn't have any so I put white sugar and a tsp of molasses)
1/2 tsp dry ground mustard (I didn't have this either, so I squirted a teaspoon of regular mustard)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 pinches ground cloves
2 pinches allspice
1 pinch cayenne pepper
2/3 cup of water
4 Tbls of  white vinegar


Stir all ingredients together until smooth and the sugar is dissolved. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.  Use as you would ketchup---only enjoy your food more because this is so yummy!


AND it has no high fructose corn syrup.....which makes me happy. 


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to make comments!