But it didn't happen overnight! Here's some of what had to happen first:
I had to figure out how to knock out the original railings....and then find ways to cover the holes left by the newel posts.
I cut a larger chunk of the particle board out around the hole and then cut some plywood to fill in the space and nailed it down to the lower plywood. Problem solved! Another smaller hole got covered by a metal plate. Under the carpet, no one can tell the difference!
Staples had to be pulled from every bit of the floorboards!
After every old staple and stray bit of carpet had been removed from the old flooring, the carpeters came on Friday and suddenly, the construction zone felt like a home!
We brought in furniture out of the garage and having our familiar things around us again really made us feel wonderful!
Some other projects got started over the weekend....the front door got painted....(a big reveal tomorrow when the trim is finished....we started pulling toilets and laying flooring....and we went to dinner at someone's house!